USB to RS232/RS485 ADAPTERS (HIGH SPEED)
Our Hi-Speed USB to RS232/RS485 adapters are an easy to use and flexible option for connecting RS232 and RS485 devices to a USB port on your computer. They use Hi-Speed USB for reduced latency and higher baud rates on the serial side.
The USB2-H-9002-M provides has two serial ports, each of which can be set individually as RS232 or half-duplex RS485 using DIP switches.
The RS232/RS485 signals are connected via convenient terminal block connections, in a robust metal enclosure with Tx/Rx and power LEDs. The units can be powered from the USB port or via an external power adapter.
- Based on the renowned FTDI FT2232H Hi-Speed USB-Serial chipset and drivers
- Microsoft Windows® WHQL-certified, macOS, Linux device drivers
- Each port can appear as a Virtual Com Port allowing easy use with existing application programs
- Ports can also be accessed using the FTDI D2xx DLL functions
- Each port has separate settings (such as RS232/RS485 mode, and parameters such as baud rate and flow control)
- RS485 mode: Data+, Data-, GND (half-duplex)
- RS232 mode: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, RI, GN
- RI pin can be configured to provide +5VDC output at 250mA
- Baud rates
- RS485 mode: Up to 8MBaud
- RS232 mode: Up to 1MBaud
- Flow Control
- RS485 mode: X-ON/X-OFF, None
- RS232 mode: RTS/CTS, DTR/DSR, X-ON/X-Off, None
- RS485 features
- Echo and non-Echo mode
- Termination ON and Termination OFF mode
- LEDs indicate RxD, TxD and power for monitoring port status
- Operating temperature of -40°C to +85°C
- Selectable +5VDC Power source from USB port or external power adapter
- USB type-B connector (USB A - B cable supplied)
Feel free to browse through the corresponding datasheet for more information.
|Part Number||Document Type||Version||File|
|USB2-H-9004-M||Quick Start Guide||1.1||Download|
|Driver||Download Virtual COM Port (VCP) Drivers for Windows, Mac OS and Linux|