USB to RS485 adapters (FULL SPEED)
Our USB2-F-5001 Full-Speed USB to RS485 adapters make it quick and simple to connect RS485 devices to a USB port on your computer. They use the FT232R chipset from FTDI along with an RS485 line driver/receiver. They feature automatic direction control for the half-duplex RS485 lines.
The units come in a compact, attractive, and hard-wearing plastic enclosure with a variety of mounting options, and Power/Transmit/Receive indication LEDs. They use a standard USB type-B connector (USB type A to USB type B cable supplied).
RS485 is popular for a wide range of control, monitoring, industrial and entertainment applications. However, generally computers don’t have built-in RS485 ports or even slots on the back to add RS485 expansion cards. Connecting via USB offers compatibility across a huge range of computers as well as easier setup and portability.
Connecting via USB offers compatibility across a huge range of computers as well as easier setup.
- Based on the renowned FTDI FT232R USB-Serial chipset and drivers
- Compact and robust plastic enclosure
- Microsoft Windows® WHQL-certified, macOS, Linux and Windows CE device drivers
- RS485 port can appear as a Virtual Com Port allowing easy use with existing application programs
- RS485 port can also be accessed using the FTDI D2xx DLL functions
- Automatic RS485 Direction control (Transmit Enable) implemented in hardware for faster performance and avoiding the next for the software to control the direction
- RS485 via DB-9 Male connector at up to 3MBaud
- RS485 signals: Data+, Data-, GND
- Pin 9 of the D-sub connector can provide +5V power output (250mA max).
- Power, Transmit and Receive LED indicators help to confirm operation and assist in troubleshooting
- USB 2.0 Full-Speed (compatible with all USB ports including USB3)
- Powered from the USB port (USB Type B connector)
- Supplied with a USB A-B cable for connection to the computer
- Desktop or Wall-Mount (via supplied brackets)
- -40°C to +85°C extended operating temperature range
- CE / FCC approved
|Part Number||Document Type||Version||File|
|USB2-F-5001 Full-Speed USB to 1-Port RS485 Adapter||Datasheet||1.2||Download|
|USB2-F-5001||Quick Start Guide||1.2||Download|
|All Products||Drivers Installation Guide||1.0||Download|
Download Virtual COM Port (VCP) Drivers for Windows, Mac OS and Linux